December 10, 2013

to save a kiss.


i turned on my music and set my running app. my ear buds were in my ear and i was ready.

i turned the bend and began running, settling into my routine at the running track in the community.


in the middle of the track are soccer fields.

in the distance, i noticed a high school "couple" sitting on the soccer field bleachers to my right.

as i drew closer to where they were sitting, i was shocked at what i saw.

the guy and girl kissing.

passionately kissing.


i continued my run and every time i made another lap and rounded that bend, the girl was either sitting in the guys lap, smothering him with her arms wrapped around his neck, or just majorly flirting with him by her actions.


i was shocked.

i mean, sadly, in our world today you may say: "big deal, they're kissing."

but, ladies and gentlemen.

it's a big deal.

click here to read a story of a girl who saved her first kiss.

your kiss.

the thing that you would never give away to a gross boy in school.
(after all, boys had cooties.)
the thing that only went to your mom and daddy when saying "goodnight."
the thing that was saved for prince charming and him only on your wedding day.


what happened?


how in the world did we go from thinking that "your kiss" was saved for your husband and only your husband to giving it to whichever boy would come and meet you at the soccer field bleachers after school?


i am passionate about this subject.
(read my story here.)


why can't we encourage the warrior poets in our life by setting the bar HIGH?
tell your boyfriend or fiance that you would like to save that piece of your heart until marriage.

girls, whether we realize it or not, we have a major influence in the lives of our guy friends.
when you make this major decision to be a set apart girl and save your first kiss, if the guy respects you enough (and if he doesn't, run far far away!), he will be happy to stay away from your first kiss.
he will be honored to honor your request. 

and if he's the right man God has for you, you both can share in that beautiful moment on your wedding day. 
if he's not the one, you can know that you are still a beautiful wrapped package without any tears,
saved and whole for your future prince charming.


i love you ladies and i know this is hard.
believe me, i do.

but guess what?

it will be worth it.

i cannot wait until my wedding day when i can give my first kiss to the one and only man God made just for me.


i pray so hard that God will give ladies the strength and courage to live a life of purity... 
with no regrets.



XOXOXO










7 says:

Lemonade Farmer said...

Love this post!

momof3girls said...

You are so very wise and such an excellent role model for young ladies. You won't ever regret your decision.

Susannah said...

I'm with you about people giving their kisses away too lightly. My first kiss was Nate and we waited until we were engaged. I personally am thankful we didn't wait until marriage because it helped break down some unhealthy barriers for us and allowed us to have a healthy physical relationship once we were married that neither of us would have been capable if we had never kissed one another. How aweomse for you to want to wait until marriage!

Kennedy Dukes said...

I think this post should be read by so many more. I go to a public high school, and as a freshman am weird because I've never had a fb let alone kissed a guy. I don't nessecarily think you need to save it for marriage, but it's definitely not a first date occurrence. It is a "I really love this guy, I really want to marry this guy, so I'll kiss this guy" thing for me. I want my first kiss to be a special thing not some small fling wiht some guy that I'll occasionally run into in the hallway. Great post. Wish they could post stuff like this all over the hallways at my school!

Anonymous said...

I loved this post, Marli! I am passionate about this too, and actually wrote a similar post a few months back. It's so special when you save that first kiss for the one God has for you and it's encouraging to know of others doing the same thing- you don't really hear of it that often :) Thank you for sharing!

Liv said...

A-men! Love this Marli! I dated a guy for 8 months before it ended and am more thankful now than I ever have been for choosing not to just kiss recklessly and without restraint. I know had we entered into that area of physical intimacy 1. it would have just opened a whole can of sexual temptations and 2. it would have made the emotional side of our relationship ending that much more difficult! Thanks for being open to sharing your heart. <3

Jennifer said...

yes yes yes yes YES. so thankful for you and your openness and honesty. lots more young girls need to read this, and realize that its not "just a kiss" but so much more.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...