August 11, 2015

football + a link-up.






oh my word. today marks exactly 3 WEEKS and 4 DAYS till alabama kick-off.

like, saying i'm excited would be an understatement.



beginning september 5 through the end of the season, you will most likely find me sitting on the couch or planted by a radio somewhere.



i have crimson running through my veins. my dad was born and raised in the town of the Crimson Tide and his parents always had season passes.

we NEVER missed a football game growing up--we either listened on the radio while completing chores outside, or went to my grandparents house to watch on their tv while munching on snacks.

i will always remember the way we would cheer our team on. daddy, never failed, jumped up off the couch and would yell at the tv--just as if the players could hear his cheers. he has passed this on to us, his children. we spend half the game standing up in front of the tv instead of sitting on the couch. haha. that's just how we roll.



now that i'm married, i am looking forward to passing my love for football on to our children in the future. my husband is more into the kentucky basketball thing, but he is sweet to watch the games with me (as i yell at the tv. ;). i am also learning to love and cheer on the wildcats during basketball season.



i have only been to two games in my life. that was to work concession stand and only was able to see the tail end of those games. but, even that gave this girl a thrill and was just as good, if not better, than christmas morning. :)


so, here's to a brand new season.

a season of football.




Tailgate Tuesday



what's your favorite thing about football?

what team do you cheer on to vistory?


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


don't forget to link up your #LetterstoMyHusbandLinkUp posts here! :)




10 says:

Jessica said...

As a Notre Dame football fan and an IU basketball fan, I'm having a hard time with this one. Alabama and Kentucky?! Haha But seriously, college sports are the best! You just can't beat the traditions! And it is so fun raising your kids as fans from day 1. I can't wait to take our 4 month old son to Notre Dame for a game day this year. That's perfection :)

Stopping by from Erin's! You should link up with us for Tuesday Talk this week (and every week!) - several hosts are doing the football theme with Erin. We'd love to have you! -Jess, Sweet Little Ones

Laura said...

Roll Tide! We are die-hard Bama fans!!

Ashley Lillis said...

I'm so pumped for football too! It's so nice that your husband watches the games with you, even though he likes basketball more. Maybe you can still convert him into an Alabama fan :)

Erin LFF said...

Love it!!! I remember listening to games on the radio as a kid too! :) I think about our future kids and passing down our love for Bengals football and it gets me so excited hehe. Thanks for linking up!!!

Andrea H. said...

I'm a Kentucky girl so I know what you mean about the whole basketball thing! Definitely have to say that football ranks FAR above basketball in my book though. Glad you and your husband support both teams though! And yay for the arrival of football season!

Kayla MKOY said...

Stopping by from the link up! I LOVE the idea of starting football traditions with kids (we don't have any yet!), or passing traditions down. Football is truly one of the greatest times of year! :)

Julia said...

Stopping by from the link up! :) LOL I do the same thing, I start out sitting down but inevitably by the end I'm standing up in front of the TV, jumping up and down and yelling!

Julie said...

I think my favorite thing about football is just the atmosphere. There's nothing better than being with people and cheering on to a win. GO MIZZOU!

Laura Darling said...

I'm a die hard Penn State fan but I can totally relate to your dad cheering. I remember as a kid on football Saturdays hearing my dad SCREAMING, "FUMBLEEEE" or "PICKED OFF!!!!" Soundtrack of my fall! :)

B @ The Sequin Notebook said...

My boyfriend is a die-hard Alabama fan, so this will be my first year going through an entire football season with him...I'm super excited!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...