June 05, 2012

"Please excuse me while I cry on your shoulder."

Well, peoples. I am here to tell you that I live a blessed life.

A life filled with excitement and fun.
A life filled with blessings and opportunities.
A life filled with accomplishments and victories.

I also live a life of changes and people growing up.

In the last few weeks, two of my best friends have gone through huge phases in their lives.
Exciting phases. Phases that led to the next turn in their life stories.

A graduation and a marriage.

The friends...my sister and my friend, Lori Lynn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


My sister is the baby of the family. In other words, the last homeschool graduate in our family. Thinking about not having a homeschooler in our family is...different. After having a child homeschooling in our house for the past 17 years, let's just say that this is a HUGE transition for our family. So, really, this is a new chapter in all of my family's life.

Really thinking about it, I have no idea what I would do without my sister. She is amazing. Period.
She and I have a relationship that is just...special. Truly, I thank God everyday for a sister like her.
We share everything together.
Our dreams.
Our woes.
Our secrets.
Our goals.

She knows what qualities I want in my future husband, and I know what she wants in her future husband.
She knows when something is bothering me and knows just the right time when to say, "Okay, what's wrong."
She texts me at the perfect time and knows the perfect words to say.
She knows what makes me happy, and I know what makes her happy.

Even if our lives are both changing, and it may be scary (and sometimes sad that we are getting so old ;D), I am so thankful to have the sister that I am blessed with to face the life ahead of us....whatever our next adventure may be.

On to the next chapter of life....



Primping in the bathroom =)


The class of 2012.

I love you, seester.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friend, Lori Lynn and I have been friends for 13+ years.
We have cried together and laughed together until we were teary eyed.
We have rejoiced in the other's accomplishments.
We have made happy memories and embarrassing memories.

Two weeks ago, she married her Prince Charming. Her best friend.
Two weeks ago she moved 10 hours away to be wifey and homemaker to her husband.

Lur, I couldn't be more happy for you.
I treasure all the memories that we have made together and count every single one of them as a blessing:
.....playing dress up and playing in the forts in the back yard that the brother had made.....having sleepovers and talking for hours about our not-so-important guy troubles ;).....sitting with you on Sunday mornings and taking notes on the sermon....going to Mrs. Vickie's class and having heart-to-heart's with all the girlie's....going shopping with you and you trying on that ridiculous wedding dress at the Goodwill......the Wednesday night that I found out that you and Garett were getting married....you asking me to be your MOH....traveling with you, your mom, and the boys to MS for your first bridal shower...coming home to your little dog that DID NOT LIKE ME.....the last spend-the-night at your house with you being a single lady.....plucking eyebrows and fixing hair with you and Linz.....ironing tablecloths for your big day and you teaching me how to tie a "pretty knot" for the groomsman's gifts.....seeing you in your wedding dress for the first time and realizing that your little girl dream had come true.....the last Sunday with you at Elmore....my excitement when your mom asked if I wanted to go the AR to see you....my anticipation of seeing you in a few days.....:)


The family/friend shower in Mississippi

On her wedding day.

I miss you so much, Lurlynn.
I love you.


15 says:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you get to go to AR to see Lori Lynn!

Anonymous said...

You can bet things will always be changing. It's hard to see treasured friends go and live so far away, but you can take comfort in the fact that they are happy and that this is the way things are supposed to happen. :o) You have a very blessed life, my dear, and I'm so glad you can see that!

Casey Martinez said...

congrats to both your sister and friend. The picture of you and your sis is really cute:). I see the family resemblance.

Elisha said...

AWH AWH AWH!!! HOW SWEET!!!!!!!!!

x.

marie said...

Absolutely you are blessed. My sisters are my best friends so I know exactly how you feel about yours, you will treasure each other forever and it just gets better and better!

Manda said...

I was homeschooled for a bit too :) My best Friend & I have also been Friends since we were 2. So fun :)
Eat Cake

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

There are few people that would say how truly they are happy for someone! I am glad you did I think this quality needs to enter back into people's lives and not take things for granted

Nana said...

Marli:

What a beautiful tribute to these special ladies in your life. They both, Lori Lynn and Memory, should feel very honored. They are so blessed to have your friendship and love,

Love you,

Nana

Mem said...

I never knew growing up would be so complicated and distressing, did you? If I had known ahead of time, I just might not would have signed up for it. School decisions to make, people constantly asking questions you have no idea the answer to (but it's really not their business anyway), boys, adjusting to new people in life, sacrifices, friends coming and going, jobs... It just all comes around. But it's all worth it with you there by my side. We make it fun with frozen yogurt, of course. You are the sweetest girl I know. All love.

Lindsey said...

What a beautiful post! I love you so much, Marli!! *big big hug*

his little lady said...

oh wow, that would be really crazy not having any more homeschoolers in the home anymore.
and that wedding looks gorgeous!
xo TJ

Contemplating Beauty said...

How kind and generous of you to "tribute" these two amazing women in your life Marli! So your mom is done homeschooling eh?! Wow...gotta be crazy for her to be done with that chapter too.. how is Memory? I don't see her blog any more or on IG. Hope she's well...

Beautiful words here Marli!

Erin James said...

You are just a gem, girl. I loved this post and am sitting here tearing up a little reading it! Your love for your sister and best friend is just beautiful and precious! I have felt the same way about life moving on and growing up often over the years, and have shed some tears over the reality of change. I am praying for you, my sweet friend! Love you! :)

Lori Lynn said...

I love this post! You are so precious to me! I love my husband and the new home we are building together and still, I miss all y'all! This isn't the first time I've read this post and it isn't the first time I've cried over it either! **hugs** seeing you this past weekend was great!!!!! Love you!!!!

Kristen said...

Basically this is the sweetest post ever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...