February 23, 2013

out of breath.


It's 7:30 a.m. on this wet Saturday morning.

We arrive at the location and it's electric.

The hustle and bustle of the volunteers is evident and appreciated.

Runners are everywhere getting their game faces on.


We're ready.

We find a spot in the Hunter Hills building hallway and wait. It's cold outside but the rain has stopped.

Stretching and snapping a last picture before heading outside, Mom, Me, and my Sister head to the starting line.

Blessings abound.




I'm out of breath.

Well, actually that is an understatement.

I was gasping for air.

This race was a challenge.

Hills....and guess what? Once you thought you were past one hill there was....*dun dun dun*...another gimongous mountain to climb.

I passed the 1 mile mark...2 miles...."okay, I can do this."

Then the 3 mile mark. I grabbed a cup of water from the water station and took a quick swig and doused myself with the rest--while running around the bend.

I switched to a fast walk for a few feet then I was at it again....jogging.


Just as I thought I couldn't run any farther, I saw it.

The finish line.

I have never been so excited to see a finish line in my life.

As I approach the line, I hear the announcer say my name into the microphone. Seeing my number, and reading my name off the list, she was cheering me on.

Then, I saw my family. Daddy. Mom. And my sister.

Mom and sister had finished a few minutes before and were cheering me on the last couple of feet.

I made it.

Staring up at my time, I crossed the finish line.

Blessings abounded.




We completed it.

The third 5k was checked off the list.

This run was to benefit. To benefit Chick-fil-A's Winshape Foundation.

Hence, lots of free Chick-fil-A chicken biscuits and even a visit with the cow.


The Sweet Frog frogs were there too. The sis and I were super happy.

I would believe that we're two of the biggest Sweet Frog yogurt fans.

Blessings totally abounded.




After downing our water and checking our times, it was time for some fun.

Need I say more?...





And yes, we all three slid down the massive slide.

Blessings abounded.








Stats for my info:
Time: 00:35:21
Finished-
Overall: 109th out of 197
Female: 47th out of 117
Age Division: 20-24
Place: 4th out of the 9 in my age group






3 says:

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

that's amazing! I don't think I could survive a 5K !! Congrats Marli :)

Courtney B said...

Congratulations Marli!! You are AMAZING! I can't wait to run a 5k this year, you just made me really excited to go sign up for one!
You are AMAZING!

The Olive Tree Blog said...

way to go girl!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...