February 25, 2013

the country life.


I wake up and throw on my work-out pants and tank top.
I add a light jacket just for good measure.
I'm ready.

I eat my breakfast of blueberry yogurt and homemade granola, while catching up on all my emails.
I log in to my school website and see what my assignments are for the day.

This particular day is wet--we were blessed with showers the night before.

Blessings abound.


Turning up my music and setting the pace, I make my way to the neighborhood.
Hitting the concrete I settle into a run--pacing myself for the 2 miles.

En route to the neighborhood, I notice it.
Just barely poking up out of the rain-covered leaves.
New life.

Blessings abound.




Finishing the 2 miles, I'm ready for the sights that welcome me back to what is called home--
my life...

Sorrel horse hair left behind after a tail swooshing.
It hangs limp--just moving with the wind.




Remnants of the rain that poured down on the gravel driveway.
Not even yet soaked into the earth.




Turning the corner, I see them.
The two boys.
The sorrel is 19. 
The other, it's a mystery (no registered papers). We think the grey is 10.

They see me and prick forward their fuzzy ears.
One whinnies. The other just stares.
They have two totally different personalities.

Blessings abound.




I go over and say hello to the boys before heading inside for a wet, cold drink of water.

The day goes on.
School assignments are completed.
A blog post is written.
Errands are run and a Redbox is rented.
Snoozes are taken.
Dinner is prepared.
A game of phase 10 is played.



And then it's time.
One of my favorite times of the day.
Feeding time.
(sister feeds in the morning and i feed at night)

I head outside.
The two are impatiently waiting at the white vinyl fence.

I lift the latch and head out the gate.
I hear a knicker.




Climbing the ladder, the sea of hay envelops.
I find the machete and cut open the strands that hold the scrumptious hay together.
I  hear the horses beneath me--waiting for the hay to fall in front of their stall doors.

Blessings abound.






I fill their water buckets and lock them in for the night.
I leave.
The sound of the munching of content, healthy horses is such a good thing.

Blessings abound.




It's been a good day.
Oh, how I love my life.






8 says:

marie said...

Marli with your joyous attitude and heart you will always live a rich, fulfilled life, have a great Monday!

marie said...

P.S. I would LOVE to have horses, that is definitely a dream of mine.

nate and amy crandell said...

I just love how you write! Horses are so fun, I loved riding them when I was growing up. And I LOVE phase ten, great game!!!

Katie Cook said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Love the country and all your pictures!!

Erin James said...

This is my favorite blog post of yours ever :)
Your descriptions are beautiful. I love the country life too and wouldn't have it any other way. I miss having horses, yours are beautiful :)

Susannah said...

You make country life sound so appealing!

The Olive Tree Blog said...

love!look at you!? a runner ... i need to be more motivated lol :)

Unknown said...

Love how you write! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...