March 14, 2012

When We All Get to Heaven

"And I will give you the keys of the kingdom, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.:
Matthew 16:19


Eliza Edmunds Hewitt was one of the premier women hymnwriters of the late 1800s and the early 1900s. She wrote the popular hymn, "Singing I Go Along Life's Road," which was to have such a profound influence of George Beverly Shea. She is also the author of "Will There Be Any Stars in My Crown?" "My Faith Has Found a Resting Place," "Sunshine in My Soul," "More About Jesus," and this hymn, "When We All Get to Heaven."

It came to her as she studied John 14, where Jesus told His disciples, "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."

But this wasn't Eliza's only hymn about heaven. Though now seldom-sung, one of her most unique songs is entitled,"The Everlasting Hymn," in which she imagines the majesty of worshipping the Lord as we gather around Him in the heavenly places, vibrantly echoing the biblical song of the angels:

Holy, Holy, Holy; Angels voices singing;
Holy, Holy, Holy, through high heaven ringing.
From that temple, pure and bright, Bathes in streams of crystal light,
Hear the everlasting hymn, Holy, Holy, Holy.

Holy, Holy, Holy; Grandest music swelling;
Holy, Holy, Holy, All sweet notes excelling,
Those who conquered by His might, Wearing now their crowns of light,
Join the everlasting hymn, Holy, Holy, Holy.

Holy, Holy. Holy; Come let us adore Him;
Holy, Holy, Holy, Humbly bow before Him.
Wisdom, glory, love, and might, With the seraphim unite
In the everlasting hymn, Holy, Holy, Holy.

That's what we'll be singing--when we all get to heaven.



*don't forget to pause the playlist at the bottom of the blog. :)
FYI, this is just a video that I found on YouTube......


6 says:

marie said...

I love uplifting hymns. My son just found 'The Star Spangled Banner' in our church Hymn Book and couldn't believe it. He loves that song so much. He must have sung it about 6 times in a row while we were at church, just kind of to himself, so cute.

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Super sweet post!

Vicki said...

I haven't heard of her before, but she sounds like an amazing woman! I'm going to have to see if I know any of her hymns...(: and I really like the tune fore the hymn in the video...it's very uplifting!

Thanks for the follow and for your sweet comment on my blog! ^^

Savories of life said...

I love this scripture: (Romans 5:8)But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
God Bless! come over!

memory said...

Love this hymn. Love YOU.

SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

Courtney B said...

LOVE this. So uplifting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...