March 09, 2012

a roadtrip with just us girlies...

A couple of weeks ago, Mom, my sister, my other bestie Lur, and I went on a road trip to Henderson, Tennessee. Lur spent the night with us the night before so that we could get a VERY early start the next morning. We talked lots and lots (to Mem's dismay ;) and got no some sleep.

The next morning, we loaded up at 5:30 a.m. and hit the road, on our way to the Bible lectureships at Freed-Hardeman University. I think we went over the limit of having fun...we had TOO MUCH of it. :)

Here are a few words to sum it all up....
headphones and ipods, freshly plucked eyebrows, sneaky text messages (Lur told me to do it ;D), hot rollers, beds made on the floor, Lur talking to me in her sleep (yeah, hilarious), miss bossy the GPS, nervousness before meeting someone new yet not so new, pit-stop at DG, 5 minute naps, meeting new and old friends, an arrangement of roses for the friend, a house full of 6 girls with 1 bathroom (it is doable actually), chapel singing and sermons, wifi hot spots, Jacks chicken fingers and fries



Lur and me...jammin'...okay, quietly, listening to our headphones... ;P

Only 1 minute left!!!

Me and Rae Rae...my "adopted" little sister.

Oh, how I love hanging with friends!


An "on the road" snack....healthy, huh? ;D


 And I can't wait till the next one....whenever that will be....

10 says:

Elisha said...

aaahhh gummy worms!!

Lindsey Madison said...

yummyyy snack!!(: btw, I'm lindsey...and yes, I'm a friend of elisha's(; Your blog is AMAZING!!! this post is the best :D

memory said...

Aw shucks, it's okay y'all talked. While y'all did that, I got caught up on all the latest news without you two even knowing it ;)

Who cares if it isn't healthy! It's yummy so that's what counts :D

SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

Jamie said...

Road trips are the best!

Anonymous said...

My favorite part is the freshly plucked eyebrows. Haha.

marie said...

Roadtrips used to be so fun, but then I had kids. You all are too cute. Honestly though as my kids are getting older it's a ton easier and dare I say fun again.

jennifer blair said...

Hehe. I always take gummie worms on my road trips too!

Anonymous said...

I know I already commented on this post but I just wanted to say that I love the guest post on your friends blog. What you said about how you and Memory never fight because you know what not to do around each other is incredible. I know that's how Chris and I are able to spend (almost) all our time together and love every minute of it. We know what irks each other and purposefully avoid those things - even though I'm pretty sure my pet peeves have a longer list than his. It is definitely key to a good relationship with anyone! You and Memory are amazing examples of Christian sisters!

Erin James said...

these pictures are LOVELY :) girls road trips are one of my favorite things ever.

and gummy worms? yummmm.

hope your week is going well, sweet friend :)

Emma Frances said...

Roadtrips are so much fun! :] It sounds/looks like you ladies had a blast!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...