March 31, 2012

I spring cleaned, donated, and chucked out.

Do you ever stop to consider how blessed we are?

Yesterday, when I was cleaning out, I realized just how blessed I am....especially in the shoe department. I mean, how many people can get rid of seven pairs of shoes and still have at least ten pairs left?

Every time I accomplish this task, I think about all the little boys and girls overseas that barely have anything. What they would do to have at least two pairs of shoes, much less seven! Anyways, I am definitely counting my blessings....


Before the task was tackled. =)
All organized....


Yup, the shoes I donated.

Two of the three "get-rid-of-bags."



I am blessed!



15 says:

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

It always feels good to clean out. Why is it when you clean out your closet or dresser, you feel cleansed inside? Good for you! Time for me to do the same that's forsure.

Elisha said...

Good for you!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Is that a CAMO bedspread?! Lol.

There is a congregation in Valdosta, GA that has a mission program called Latin American Missions. They ship clothes, shoes, and anything else overseas to people in need as well as Bibles, tracts, etc. It is REALLY cool. I want to send some stuff down there.

Lindsey said...

I agree, we are so blessed! :) Yay for spring cleaning!

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

You're the sweetest!

Vicki said...

I've been doing the same thing over my spring break! It feels so nice to be able to finally open my closet door again, haha! And seeing how much I have definitely makes me feel blessed (and just a bit spoiled). It's good to be reminded of that often.

Congrats on finishing your spring cleaning!

~Vicki
deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Bad news for you and Mem - I'm not preggo. Lol.

Anonymous said...

I love how cleaning out packs a double punch of good feelings - you get the benefit of a cleaner, more organized space AND someone else benefits from the things you gave away!

Megan said...

We did this not too long ago. My hubby actually forced me to! Haha! It does feel nice to give things away. We have SO much. We are blessed.

his little lady said...

you are too adorable girl! and it's true, to even be blessed to have something like shoes! i should probably donate some myself ;)
xo TJ

Emma Frances said...

I have been realizing this SO much since we moved a few weeks ago! Unpacking I have just realized how much stuff we have and how lucky we are to have all of that, and to have a new, beautiful apartment. There are just so many things we have to be grateful for! I love this!

memory said...

i'm proud of you *wink*

Dawson Cattle Company said...

i try and do this twice a year. and the babes clothes are given to families that can use them so they are recycled. i love it!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

I so need to do thus soon!

Erin James said...

What a sweet reminder that we are so blessed. You have an amazing heart, girl, and your posts always encourage me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...