August 21, 2015

dear doug, (004) + letters to my husband link-up.






dear doug,

i just love youuuuuu.


wasn't this past week fun? mom, sis and nephew were visiting and we had all kinds of fun. even though you came home from work tired, you still hung out and visited. thank you for working so hard for us. having you joining in on the fun was such a joy. having family in our home just makes me happy.

you playing with our nephew was THE cutest and my heart is still fluttering. he loves you. the way you paid attention to his needs and took the time to fulfill them was very admirable. you are going to make an incredible daddy.

thank you for all the help you offered this weekend as we had company. you are the greatest help--even if i do sometimes get huffy thinking i need the kitchen to myself (i'm really saying: "i want you in here." ;) you even see things that need to be done and do them before i'm even aware that they need doing (confusing? sorry. ;/). you're just amazing like that.


thank you for coming to rescue me when i locked myself out of the house. that makes it what, the third time? i really do it just so i can see you again (mwah!). :)


i'm looking forward to being at the football field with you and waylon this weekend.

you're incredible.

i love you.

the end.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello everyone! welcome to the fourth week of the letters to my husband link-up.

every other friday, you will be given the opportunity to show your hubby how much you love and appreciate him.



being a new wife, there are many times i don't give my husband the praise that he needs or deserves. this is an opportunity for me to work to be a better encourager and supporter to my husband.

not only will we be able to praise our husbands, but we as wives will be able to read other wives' posts and learn from them. we receive encouragement from reading each other's posts! :)

so let's get started.




here are the rules:

-follow your host and the co-host (if there is one for the month)

-visit and comment on other blogs--don't just share your link and run! be an encourager. :) share the love.

-in your blog post, either share the Letters to My Husband button or link back to this post on your blog.

-have fun and don't forget to spread the word using #LettersToMyHusbandLinkUp.










An InLinkz Link-up




if you would like to co-host in the future, please email me at purposelyathome@gmail.com


1 says:

Lemonade Farmer said...

Ah, that's one of the things I'm always afraid of doing is getting locked out of the house, I'm constantly going in and out doing things outside. Sometimes I think about leaving a window open in case I get locked out so I could crawl back inside!

...and Oh, my, We both do the huffy kitchen thing over here! If I'm cooking something I always feel like I need my space to get things done the way I want them done, and he's the same way when he's cooking. Also I have a hard time delegating tasks because I get picky about the way things are done and always have my idea of how I want it to turn out and end up thinking I have to do everything myself, but recently I have been trying to include my husband more in the kitchen especially when there's too much to do and his help would get dinner on the table faster. I let him help cut up stuff or grate cheese and such. (I need to convince myself that he's perfectly capable and there's nothing wrong with how he does things...and he's not in the way!) Also when he does help, I like his help and things tend to work out better when we work together to get something done.

This is such a great idea for a link up. Often times there's too much complaining about husbands and not enough emphasis on the good things we can say.(I used to have a Facebook, but it seemed to be a lot of people complaining about each other, he did this, he did that, and such, and loads of bad advice on how to treat people, so I just don't go on there anymore. We can't be thinking that way and we can't let people spread their miserable into our homes.)

Anyway, great letter! and sorry for such a long comment! (Why do my comments ALWAYS turn into novels?! argh!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...