April 15, 2013

the boston tragedy.


I wake up from an afternoon snooze and check Instagram.



#prayforboston

"Let's join together in prayer for Boston..."

"as I run today, I pray for Boston & those involved in this tragedy."



What has happened??

What has happened in the last 2 hours since I checked IG that I don't know about?

Pray for Boston?

What's the big deal about Boston?



After studying more for a HR Management final and eating a snack, I Google:
boston explosion.

The headlines are sickening.

At least two dead, dozens hurt after two bombs explode at Boston Marathon.

What?? How???

Just in the last two hours, at 2:50 p.m., innocent people were finishing up their 26.2 mile run and then a bomb exploded.
Two bombs exploded.

Reading more of the article, I get even more nauseous as I think of all the heartache that's being felt in that city....

"...the FBI, which was treating the bombing as a terrorist investigation...."
"'Somebody's leg flew by my head,' a spectator said..."
"This is a horrific day in Boston..."


//Source via Pinterest//


Trying to let this awfulness sink in, I climb out on the roof. 

My quiet spot...and just lay there. 

The sister is there too.

I turn on the Britt Nicole Pandora station and listen to the inspiring lyrics of the song.

I pray.
I pray for all the victims.
I pray for all the families of the victims who found out that one of their loved ones were one of the ones who were hurt.
I pray for the little children--the ones who were injured and the ones who had to witness the tragedy.
I pray for the people who decided to place those bombs. The ones who set them to go off in a crowd of innocent people.


Dear God,
Please keep us safe as we continue to pray for those who
were affected by Boston's tragedy today.
Also, Lord, we pray for the people who 
committed these acts.
Save their souls, God.
--Me



Our world has been hit.

It has been hit by an awful sadness.

May we all lift up the city of Boston and those affected...in fervent prayer.






1 says:

Jessica said...

incredibly sad...pray that God will be glorified through the tragedy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...