March 09, 2013

another 5k.


Mom is on fire.

She is loving these 5k's!

A week before...

Mom asks, "You want to run in this 5k?"

"Sure, why not."

She sends in the entry fee and the threesome are signed up.



We arrive at the school. A high school. 

This race is to help the FFA.
(Future Farmers of America)

We receive our packets and complete our stretches.

We are ready.

Blessings abound.




We take our places at the starting line.

The horn buzzes and the runners are off.

The Cow Patty Trot has begun.


I set my pace and settle in for the 3.1 miles ahead of me.

People pass me. I pass others.

We run by cow fields.
Smoke from a burn pile.
A house that smells strongly of dogs.
The country scenes.


I round the bend and the finish line is in sight.

Going too fast, I feel weak.
(low blood sugar. another story for another day.)

 I slow down and then, seeing the family, I kick it into high gear.

I cross the finish line.

Blessings abound.




Mom and the sister come in first in their age category.

I couldn't be more happier for them.



//More blessings.//





Stats for my info:
Chip Time: 33:01
Gun Time: 33:03
Overall Place: 86 out of 159
Age Division: 20-29
Place: 7th out of the 16 in my age group







5 says:

momof3girls said...

Good for you girls! I think it's so sweet that the 3 of you run together. What a great family.
Blessings,
Tammy

Unknown said...

awwwesome, Marli!!! my husband does a yearly 5k and has tried to drag me into doing it too... you've inspired me! maybe next time i'll have to sign up as well!!! thanks for stopping by The Lily Field! XO

marie said...

So fun to run with your family. Yeah for all of you. Victory!

nate and amy crandell said...

You girls are on FIRE! WOW-I'm very impressed! Talk about cutest family ever :)

katilda said...

There is seriously no feeling like a finish line. I also love the energy of the starting line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...