February 01, 2013

the blessing of fro-yo for dinner.


The hair is styled and the maxi dress is long.

The day has been productive with time spent in the books and completing tests on the Dell.

Mom and I are about to leave. To go meet her. The other sister.

After a long day at work for the sister, she is ready to be free.

Blessings abound.


maxi dress with jean jacket


We pull in and wait.

After time passes, we see her red and white Bronco pulling in the parking lot.

We're ready for this. 

A night with just the mother and daughters.

Blessings abound.




First stop.

It's fro-yo for the ladies.

Cake batter and Espresso-flavored for me. 

All the toppings follow: cookie dough, reese's m&m's, and oreos.

Who cares it has over 200 calories.

My blessings abound.


cookie dough toppings


Second stop.

The toy store.

Yes, we let our inner kid-at-hearts take over.

Blessings abounded.




Third stop.

Stein Mart.

Whether looking or buying this was the place to be.

We hit up the Red Dot sales.

A red jacket for the mom, a necklace for the sister, and earrings for me.

Blessings abounded.




Fourth stop.

Church for Bible study.

The topic:
Being Holy as God is Holy

Just a few jot-downs from the incredible lesson:
...the presence of God left Jerusalem because the people
became unholy.
A holy God cannot live with an unholy people.
(Ez. 8-11)

The lives of Christians are to be holy.
(1 Pet. 1:15)

We are the tabernacle that God is so insistent about with keeping
us holy and pure.
We don't have the old tabernacle anymore...
it's US!!
If we intend to see God, it's because we intentionally were holy.
(Heb. 12:14)

We spent precious time with other sisters in Christ.

The blessings abounded.




Fifth stop.

Home.

The sis and I rode in her Bronco.

She asked me to drive. I happily agreed.

She was my shot-gunner and took over the iPhone for the tunes.

Moving and singing to the beat, we trucked our way along the moon-lit highway.

Arriving home,

the blessings abounded.




//More blessings.//





4 says:

Emma Frances said...

I LOVE this post! And I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see the amazing relationship you have with everyone in your family! I really hope and pray that my children get along with and love their siblings as much as you all love each other! Also, I love your maxi dress!! And send Memory some hugs from me!!

Lindsey said...

I love it! So happy that you were able to have some girlie time.
Xoxo

Susannah said...

Sounds like a wonderful girl's night! I love your dress.

Dawson Cattle Company said...

girls night out! how fun... and i love that dress. what a fun and wonderful relationship you share with your mom and sister!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...