January 19, 2013

the first 5k.

Guess what?

Today, my mom, sister, and I tackled and conquered our first 5k. 

For the past few months we have started running for exercise  After working up to where we could run a longer distance, we decided that it was time for us to pay the entry fee.

I never thought that a 5k could be so much fun.

Oh, and you feel so good and accomplished after you pass that finish line with your time flashing.


It made me think, am I running the spiritual race that I ought? 
Are we really living our lives as He would want us?
Are we running as hard as we can toward the goal, Heaven?
May we, as God's people, live and run the race.



Crossing the finish line, flashing the "I Love You" sign to the camera.




We are even talking about the next one we'll run.
Let's do this.



Stats for my info:
Chip Time: 33:36.0
Gun Time: 33:54.0
Age Division: 20-24
Place: 3rd out of the 7 in my age group


8 says:

Elisha said...

I. HATE. RUNNING. Kudos to you!

nate and amy crandell said...

Oh my gosh!! Way to go!!! That is an amazing accomplishment, good job girl :)

And so fun you got to to do it with your Mom and Sister too!

Kristen said...

You're so cute! Congrats on your first 5k! They're a lot of fun =)

Anonymous said...

I do believe this should have come up in conversation not to long ago when we were discussing running! I am so excited for you! Congratulations!

emi said...

yay way to go! love 5ks. and love your blog!
xo chaseandem.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

You go girl! Also, loving the new look! :)

momof3girls said...

I am so proud of all of you! I ran my first 5K many years ago. :) I've always had a love/hate relationship with running. LOL! My girls and I have started back running this year. We're hoping to run some fun 5K's this year too. Congrats to you and your family! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the run! You are hardcore!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...