January 28, 2013

a sister ride and some blessings.


She gets home early.

I ask if she would like to go for a ride. She happily agrees.

We pull on our brown Justin's and off to the tack shed we go.

We brush manes and coats and throw the saddles on their backs.

We put the left foot in, and swing ourselves up (not before snapping an Instagram picture, of course :).

We take off--anxious about the adventure that is sure to be had--just us sisters.

Blessings abound.

sister coming home early and going riding with me

We cross the street and settle ourselves in for the lengthy ride down the country road.

Neighbors pass and we wave.

A lady yells to get our attention. We stop. She wants her granddaughter to touch the horses. We even offer to let the little girl ride. It was her first time to be on a horse. The smile on the little girls face was worth it.



Heading back home, we pull out the iPhone to play some tunes.

Who cares the sis and I were singing like nobody was listening.

We head back down our sandy driveway--singing.

Thinking no one was watching, we choreographed some silly moves to the song while riding our trusty steeds.

We look over, and there was a neighbor man swinging his little one. Laughing and smiling at us, it was obvious he was quite entertained by our silliness.

Blessings abound.

horses who roll and get dirty

We arrive back at the shed and tack down.

The horses are free to roam yet again.

Before they head off to the woods, they lay their massive bodies down and do what they always do after being tacked down.

They roll, and roll, and roll, and roll.....

Oh, how it makes my heart happy.

Blessings abound.

woods in the backyard

//more blessings here.//




6 says:

nate and amy crandell said...

I LOVED riding horses growing up! These are great pictures, totally brings back memories :)

marie said...

Oh I love going horse back riding. I love the relationship you and your sister have. There is nothing like being friends with and loving someone that knows you inside and out.

Have a wonderful week!

emi said...

so jealous!! i had a horse growing up and would ride her in our corral every day! lucky!!
xo chaseandem.blogspot.com

Susannah said...

I love these pictures! I've alwasy wanted a horse... Maybe someday... You have such a way with words! :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

A most delightful day. :)

Stephanie said...

That is one thing I am scared to death of...horses. I got bucked off one when I was a little girl and never got back in the saddle again. I love seeing people ride though...it looks so effortless and beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...