November 22, 2012

being thankful.



This week is a special week.

Not only is it a birthday week for me, it is a week where families are able to come together and count their many blessings.

It is a time to talk about how we are truly blessed regardless of all the hurdles and struggles that life brings.

{(just a few of) my "thankful for's"}


The privilege to vote


My little children in my Sunday school class



(....I was planning on posting more photos, but Blogger is saying that I have run out of space in my Picasa Web Album. :'( Has anyone had this problem before?? What do I need to do?????)

Since I couldn't continue with pictures, I'll just share in words...
I'm thankful for good health
I'm thankful for the ability to wake up and go for a run in the early morning light
I'm thankful for family that loves me
I'm thankful for new friendships
I'm thankful for a sister that will stay up and watch Little Women with me
I'm thankful for a brother and his wife who live close by
I'm thankful for a God who is still high and mighty on His throne
I'm thankful for the dressing that I'm going to devour today
I'm thankful for the awesome invention of Skype
I'm thankful for only 3 weeks more in this semester and then having a MONTH of a break
I'm thankful for cozy fire's in the fireplace
(tons more...but I'll spare you)


(read last year's "thankful for" post.)



So, eat lots turkey and dressing, have some of that peanut butter pie (without regretting it ;D), and have a blessed Thanksgiving weekend!!

Oh, and try not to get run over in all the Black Friday hustle and bustle Thursday night/Friday morning... because I'll be right there with you, trying to find all the good deals that you could probably find in the daylight the next day. ;)



4 says:

meme-and-he said...

way to count those blessings :) want to know something funny? my husband grew up calling stuffing "dressing" and I had never even heard of it until this year!

Erin James said...

Happy Birthday friend!! :)

Hope you're having a beautiful, blessed birthday with your sweet family and friends! :)

PS -

YES okay I have totally had the same thing happen a few months ago when I was adding photos to a blog post - it was so upsetting! I went into my Picasa web albums and had to delete a few of them.... it hasn't happened again. But I know people who have been blogging for years, & they end up loading photos into Photobucket & then taking the HTML of each photo and putting it into the post. We need to figure out other ways to fix this.

Faith and Love said...

I recently started blogging and found your page, its great!! And I hope you had an awesome and blessed Thanksgiving :)

marie said...

It is always a humbling experience to list your blessings and see how truly great God is.

I am thankful for my nightly cup of hot chocolate, it just warms me up and makes me happy.

I have run into that problem and you need to pay for more storage, it's only a few bucks a month.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...