September 09, 2012

Know what today is?!

It's Grandparents Day!!! And boy, do I have some of the best grandparents anyone could ask for!


via
                                            



A couple of months ago, my grandmother sent this to me in an email.
These sayings were all written by 8-year-olds about 41 years ago. My uncle was one of those 8-year-olds. :)

The question was: What is a grandparent?
(Warning: This is word-for-word of what the little people said. Beware, there are some major grammatical issues...)

1. Grandparents are a lady and a man who have no little children of their own. They like other people's.

2. A grandfather is a man, & a grandmother is a lady!

3. Grandparents don't have to do anything except be there when we come to see them. They are so old they shouldn't play hard or run. It is good if they drive us to the shops and give us money.

4. When they take us for walks, they slow down past things like pretty leaves and caterpillars.

5. They show us and talk to us about the colors of flowers and also why we shouldn't step on 'cracks.'

6. They don't say, 'Hurry up.'

7. Usually grandmothers are fat but not too fat to tie your shoes.

8. They wear glasses and funny underwear.

9. They take their teeth and gums out.

10. Grandparents don't have to be smart.

11. They have to answer questions like 'Why isn't God married?' and 'How come dogs chase cats?'

12. When they read to us, they don't skip They don't mind if we ask for the same story over again.

13. Everybody should try to have a grandmother, especially if you don't have television because they are the only grownups who like to spend time with us.

14. They know we should have a snack time before bed time, and they say prayers with us and kiss us even when we've acted badly.

15. Grandpa is the smartest man on earth! He teaches me good things, but I don't get to see him enough to get as smart as him!


So, what do you think? I think they pretty much hit the nail on the head. ;D

Happy Grandparents Day everybody!!

7 says:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS POST! I'm glad you reminded me. Chris and I were looking through funny holidays just the other day and this one popped up.

Lori Lynn said...

This is precious!

Vicki said...

Hehe, this is so funny! I think those kids were absolutely right in most points!

~Vicki
deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

Dawson Cattle Company said...

so wonderful.. i smiled and smiled. thank you for sharing!

The Olive Tree Blog said...

you are so sweet! I laughed at not skipping parts of the book...I am so guilty of that ;)

Rachel said...

Those are too funny!!

Nana said...

Marli:

Did I send this to you? I remember our giving your great grandmother Solomon this when Uncle Brent brought it home from Kindergarden.

We have wonderful grandchildren, and you are one of the seven who blesses our lives.

Love you,

Nana & Granddaddy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...