August 27, 2012

it's a ptp recap

Polishing the Pulpit is a church of Christ convention that we attend every year. It is at the Wilderness at the Smokies Hotel and Convention Center in Sevierville,Tennessee and we always have an amazing time. This year, along with all the rest, was a growing experience in our walk with Chirst.

For the first time this year, mom was asked to help in the crafts for the children. So, Mem and I offered our assistance. :)

Here it is folks...PTP week...



Singing in the courtyard on Saturday night is always my favorite part.
I cannot even describe the sound of this many people singing.... I totally cannot wait till Heaven...where we can sing like this, with even MORE people, for forever.

Preachers taking pics on their phones and iPads of a drawing of a skeleton....hilarious. ;)


--------------------------------------------

One afternoon, we drove to Cades Cove and took a hike....


Love my sister to death!! :)

Need I say more?....






Me and Raegen...have known this sweetie her whole life.

Our first day, with our first group of children.



The two "Marli's"!!!! =)


This girl is amazing. Getting to see her family that week was one of the cherries on top....
I'm just bummed out that I wasn't able to take a picture with her other sis, Naomi. =(
(We seriously need to Skype, Naomi, okay? :)


Oh, just my super model sister with the super cool banner that greeted all of us for the week....


I spy....my daddy. ;D

Shelby, Me, and Emma
Two amazing young ladies. I have been privileged to know their families for a while, and am so thankful for their mothers and the examples they are to me, not only as Christian women, but as mom's. 

One night, after sessions, we went go-cart racing.... ;)

Group #2

Rodge (long-time friend and brother to my bestie, Lori Lynn), Valerie (Natalie's sister), me, Natalie (friend of Mem's that we met at PTP a few years ago), and Memory

Last and final group, #3, on the last day. :(


Me, Mom, and Memory


-------------------------------------------------------------

It is our tradition, on the way home, to stop by the Apple Barn and eat an apple fritter and ice cream.
This year was no exception.... ;)






Can't wait till next year!....





7 says:

ashley.warner said...

This looks like a great event!
looks like you ladies had a blast and enjoyed spending time with each other!

God bless! :)
xo -ashley

ps. i am offering FREE Sponsor slots....if you're interested!


http://ashley-warner.blogspot.com/2012/08/sponsors.html

Naomi said...

It was a great week! Even though we left soon, and I didn't get to see you that much.. :(
It was good to hug you though. :)
We do need to Skype!! you've got my email, just let me know! Love you!

Luke said...

It was good seeing y'all!

marie said...

What a wonderfully productive way to volunteer your time. Your family is absolutely awesome!

Erin James said...

how fun :) i love events like this. you are your sis are just so beautiful and sweet! and i love your close friendship.

those kiddos are so cute too :)

and girl, the apple barn sounds amazing!! we don't really have restaurants like that here and so that is like a southern dream come true for me haha :)

love you!

Jessica said...

looks wonderful....and i too love singing with fellow believers...the best sounds!

Kristen said...

I am hoping that we get to go next year!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...