April 27, 2012

Joyfully at Home: Chapter Two


Check it out.

Here is an excerpt from the second chapter in the book, Joyfully at Home, by Jasmine Bacham...





Becoming a Good Daughter to Your Mother








.....Our mama's are all less than perfect, because we're all fallible humans. There is an old saying, "Familiarity breeds contempt." Although few of us would say that we feel contempt for either of our parents, many of us are so used to concentrating on our mother's faults (on things we dislike about her, on the pet-peeves we have cultivated, on the daily annoyances we can so easily become hung up on, on the character flaws we have grown up noticing, etc.). We tend to be far less patient with our mothers than we ought to be; however, as we show forbearance and as we learn to focus, not on all the flaws we see in our mothers, but instead, on their virtues, many of us will realize that we are living with Proverbs 31 women that we have not even learned to appreciate.....


7 says:

memory said...

Wow, I really like that. I forget that all to often. You and I are so blessed with a great, Godly Mom! Woooo-hooo!

Can't wait to go to town with just you today ;)

SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

Katharine said...

hello! It's so nice to have come across your blog :) I've read your recent posts and I love them, especially this one since I'm starting life after graduation with my mom :)

Anyway, new follower here so keep posting! :)
Have a blessed day!

--kat

Aspiring Kennedy said...

i actually loved the concept of this post. i love my mom and want to honor her... what a thought on how we can be a better daughter to her. sigh, i do love my mama.

Megan said...

I just adore this. I want to be the best daughter to my mommy. She deserves it.

Erin James said...

Girl, you've done it again :) Reminded me of some big truth I needed to hear. I've been struggling with patience with my family even today, and this was such a reminder and a convicting thing for me to read. Thank you! Love and hugs :)

marie said...

Absolutely agree. Sometimes I will judge my mom too harshly but when I compare some of her loving traits to other mothers, I am so blessed and glad she's my mom.

Contemplating Beauty said...

this is so beautiful! made me tear up because my daughter is 17 and she is changing so much just in the last few months. She's more rude with me and she's just "over" me, so it's been very difficult for me!

Can I ask how old you are? I hope this passes soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...