February 26, 2012

This new thing called Linky Followers. Is it true?




I don't know about y'all, but I received this email saying that Google Friend Connect (GFC) is going away March 1st.

Has anybody else heard that the lovely "Follower tool" is going away?

I'm pretty upset about it...because if it does happen, I will lose all of my followers except for the ones that follow me through Linky Followers. =(

Oh well, I am getting prepared by putting the gadget on my sidebar...just in case.

But, if you have heard differently, PLEASE let me know. :)

Thank you, lovelies. Y'all are the best!


Would you like to set up an account?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post update:
I deleted the Linky Followers gadget becasue I didn't get any new followers and it seems like the "Followers" tool is still working. :)


5 says:

Nichole said...

I really hope this isn't true!

Unknown said...

I heard it that if your url ends in blogspot.com GFC will stay on your blog, only the people who's url ends in .com will not be able to use GFC anymore!

Anonymous said...

I think that GFC is only going away for non-blogger blogs, at least that's what I heard:)

memory said...

I hope Eden and Rebecca are right. If not, I'm thinking about going the Bloglovin' route if push comes to shove. :\

SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

marie said...

From what I've heard Eden is right and you are safe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...