May 27, 2011

Will you hand over the pen to Him?

In the book, Authentic Beauty, by Leslie Ludy, there is a quote by Amy Carmichael: "It is a safe thing to trust Him to fulfill the desire which He creates."

This can be especially comforting in the area of our relationships. Sometimes it can be so difficult to hand over the pen of our love story to Christ. Though He has never been anything but faithful in all other areas in our life, we can sometimes be plagued by the fear that this area would be ruined if it were out of our control!

In the book, Leslie gives this example: "What about the popular saying 'God can't steer a parked car?' Don't I need to rev up the engine for Him-get out there and make myself available to the opposite sex- and then keep a helping hand on the steering wheel as He drives in order to make sure He doesn't crash the car?"

As a young lady, in a sexually corrupt world among teens and where divorce is rampant throughout, I need to be living the set-apart life for Jesus Christ that He would want me to live. When I start living the set-apart life for God, I also must become set-apart for my future husband.

Sometimes, I may think that it is simply saving my physical purity for him, but when this thought enters my mind, I can always turn to Proverbs 31:12: She does her husband good and not evil, all the days of her life.

What are we doing today that we may regret on our wedding day? Will I be pure and spotless like the wedding gown is supposed to represent? Or will I have regrets and "life baggage" underneath the "beautifulness" of the snowflake colored dress? Will I be able to enjoy the intimacy on my wedding night without disturbing thoughts? Or, will I be haunted by all the memories of past boyfriends and parts of my heart they took from me.  Should I not strive for a whole, pure heart meant for one man?

I pray that many of the young women out there have the courage to be the "set-apart" woman that God would want them to be. And, let's ask ourselves, will we be able to hand over the pen and let God script the most beautiful love story we ever thought possible?

1 says:

Traci said...

I remember reading this part. I also remember crying too. This is something that can be very difficult to do, but it CAN be done! :) Handing over the pen is very important and a good thing to do!

I really like Eric and Leslie Ludy's books. After reading your posts, it makes me want to go reread them again! Haha, Thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...