September 04, 2015

dear doug, (005) + letters to my husband link-up.





dear doug,

where do i even begin to tell you how much i appreciate you? sometimes, i just have "one of those days" and you are always there to hear me vent and let me cry. sometimes, i regret the things i say, but you just forgive and love me even more. how did i ever get blessed enough to get you as a husband?

thank you for always reminding me of the important things. keep reminding me--i forget a lot. keep reminding me that God is in control and that things will work out in His perfect timing--no matter how hard that answer is to hear sometimes.


thank you for leading us and deciding Bible time will happen at 9 every night. those are now some of my most treasured moments with you. you're a great leader.


thank you for all the hardworking hours you put in to provide for us. you come home dirty and sweaty and tired and don't even complain. you're superman.


cannot wait to watch some alabama football with you this weekend.


i love you so much.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello everyone! welcome to the fifth week of the letters to my husband link-up.

every other friday, you will be given the opportunity to show your hubby how much you love and appreciate him.



being a new wife, there are many times i don't give my husband the praise that he needs or deserves. this is an opportunity for me to work to be a better encourager and supporter to my husband.

not only will we be able to praise our husbands, but we as wives will be able to read other wives' posts and learn from them. we receive encouragement from reading each other's posts! :)

so let's get started.




here are the rules:

-follow your host and the co-host (if there is one for the month)

-visit and comment on other blogs--don't just share your link and run! be an encourager. :) share the love.

-in your blog post, either share the Letters to My Husband button or link back to this post on your blog.

-have fun and don't forget to spread the word using #LettersToMyHusbandLinkUp.












1 says:

Lemonade Farmer said...

Let me just steal a quote from above right fast...

"keep reminding me that God is in control and that things will work out in His perfect timing--no matter how hard that answer is to hear sometimes."

...Phew, that one's a doozy!! There are things within a marriage, the kind of things that people don't normally talk about outside their relationship, so it's hard to explain without elaborating, but let me just say that there are things that I question, how is this supposed to work? or why isn't this going the way that it seems like it should? or is this really how it's supposed to be? or..why does everyone outside this situation, expect this and this and this, when it's not happening the same for us as it did for them, so it's not going to work out the same...and so on! I really hate the way certain situations seem to back me in a corner so that no matter how it turns out, I end up feeling either guilty or shameful, and sometimes it seems like there's no other way to feel.

I completely understand now, why including God in your marriage is essential because there are certain issues that honestly there is no one else to turn to with, sometimes your husband(or wife) doesn't have the answers, and you just wish God would come down and help you right then and there, but it seems like we always have to wait. God's timing is sometimes so hard to wait for, and deal with, sometimes I wish we could just peek at his schedule so we know what's coming up in his agenda! It's honestly frustrating!

Enjoyed your letter this week, hope the football watching went well, we don't have cable but try to catch the nfl games that are on antenna tv here each week. I'm in AZ so most of the games are either AZ Cardinals or Dallas Cowboys games, sometimes 49ers. We caught the end of a Cowboys game last week and it was a bit pathetic, we are always baffled at how their games turn out, they fumbled the ball away a number of times which resulted in pretty much all the points the other team had, then they ended up winning the game, and it always seems like it was pure luck or almost by accident because of penalties and such, their games are always so odd.

Hope you have a good week and, Happy Fall! (it just started getting down to 35 degrees here at night, so it's like, here it comes, whether the calendar says it's fall yet or not!) Argh, my comment ended up being a novel again, I can't seem to just write a sentence, my thoughts are huge and never seem simple enough, I either have to explain myself or not say anything at all! Okay, let me just stop torturing you already.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...