July 01, 2015

comfort zones.



have you ever thought: "no, i'm not going to do that. someone might see me and make fun of me."

i admit it.
i catch myself multiple times a week thinking that thought.

my husband often jokingly tells me that i worry too much. and most of the time... he's right.

some things i worry about are just small, stupid things that i should let fly.

what will people think of my hair piled on top of my head with no makeup on?
is that person looking at me funny? why?
what are people thinking as they stare at me?


there have been some things i don't even attempt fearing someone may see me and have a negative thought or have the opportunity to make fun of me.


but you know what? most of the time, PEOPLE AREN'T EVEN WATCHING YOU.
when you think all eyes are on you, they most likely are not.


so, i am going to make a decision.
i am going to go out of my comfort zone and wear that messy ponytail with no make-up.

i am going to try the new activity my hubby wants me to try with him without having the thought that all eyes will be on me.



that's it.
live out of your comfort zone.





3 says:

Meghan said...

I've really been trying to do this more and more since I moved out by myself, and I've had so much fun :D

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Very well said!!! XOXO

Rachel said...

It's 100% true that we think about ourselves way more than anyone else does. Most of the time, no one is noticing or critiquing nearly as much as we tend to think they are. And it's a very good thing to feel free of wearing makeup--girl, go for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...