July 05, 2014

the peach run.


the morning dawned bright and early.

june 14th.

mom and i slipped into our running clothes, threw our hair up, and grabbed something to eat walking out the door. 
trail mix was my pick.

we rode out of the driveway with the sun just peeking over the horizon.

the weather was foggy and comfortable--not too hot.

traveling down the country road, i snapped a picture.




we arrived 30 minutes early and began to warm up and stretch.

mom and i jogged slowly down the road and back, scoping out the last few yards of the run.


the horn sounded and we were off.

the 11th annual peach run had begun.

running downtown and up and over the biiiig hills, i completed the course and crossed the finish line.

1:00:26.

a 10k PR compared to last year.

oh, and i just missed placing first in my age group by less than a minute.







Stats for Clanton Peach Run 10k:
Gun Start: 07:01:20
Finish: 08:01:47
Gun Elapsed: 01:00:26
Age Division: 21-35
Place: 2nd out of the 6 in my age group
Overall Place: 18 out of 26 runners





1 says:

Liv said...

I hope there were free peaches at the end of the race?! ha. I just ran a 5K yesterday morning...it's my fourth of july tradition for the past 5+ years! Though...I was 5 whole minutes slower than my last 5k.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...