August 21, 2013

in the middle of my little mess, i'm blessed.


the day was yesterday.

i slipped my new dress over my head and snapped my yellow necklace. my yellow earrings added the perfect touch.

putting the finishing touches to my makeup and hair, i softly sung to walt disney's tarzan pandora station. 

i tip-toed downstairs knowing that the sis was catching some extra snoozes.

i could feel it. it was going to be a good day.

telling mom goodbye, i was off.



it was a day spent in the workplace at my job at the university.

the day was filled with busy work running all over the building delivering paper to certain individuals.

i smiled to myself knowing that this was my life and how much i loved my life.

i was giddy thinking about what the future might hold.


   words to live by
                                                                         //Source via Pinterest//


some days, we may be tempted to look at all the negative things in life.

certain decisions that national leaders may make.
prayer being looked down upon in the schools.
poverty in the world.
crimes in the cities.
families who are being broken.


these are all sickening to think about.

and to think of where our nation is heading--farther and farther away from God--is even more saddening.

but,

we have a God that is much bigger than all the messy little things in life.

when we pour our hearts out to Him and let him know our pleas, He is willing to hear our cries.


so, next time i or you think of all the messes in life, just think about how we are truly blessed.

blessed to have a God that is on our side when we're faithful to Him.
blessed to have a new dress to wear.
blessed to have a SUV to get into and drive to work.
blessed to have older men and women as mentors and those we can look up to.
blessed to have the ability to go running at night time with fireflies all around.
blessed with these last few weeks hanging out with the sis, laying on her bed in the dark, trying to find the perfect bridesmaid shoe on the internet.
blessed with family and friends that love.



yes,
we are big and blessed.








5 says:

Kennedy said...

Yes. This is something I need to remember. This summer I went on a mission trip to a place 45 minutes away from where I live, in a very nice, crime-free area. There are people all over the streets, constant sirens, etc. It was truly a wake up call of how much I take for granted. Thanks for posting about this. I think we all could use the reminder.

Anonymous said...

This was a truly beautiful post! And I just love that song by Francesca Battistelli! Thank you for sharing the reminder to be thankful and to remember all the blessings in life- especially the little ones. Many blessings to you <3

Vicki said...

Lovely post. You're absolutely right--we are always so wonderfully blessed, even despite all the negatives in life.

~Vicki
Decked Out in Ruffles

Rachel said...

This is such an inspiring post!! There is much to be happy about--and the greatest of all is God's love and power!

The Olive Tree Blog said...

funny how that happens ;0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...