February 16, 2013

5k number...dos.


Well, it was my second one.
It was actually Mom and Mem's third.
(i didn't run in the last one due to having other commitments.)


This particular 5k was a trail run.
Held at the National Wildlife Federation.


Hence,

longer times and lots of wood mulch.


Oh, and I forgot to mention the ankle-deep water we got to run through.
(fun stuff.)


But, blessings abounded.


The weather was freezing and....well, freezing.
It was mainly the cold gusts of wind that had everyone shivering.
But, boy were we thankful for that cooler weather after we got our hearts pumping and we started pouring the sweat--running our little hearts out in the magnificent God-created woods.

Blessings abounded.



AND THEN....
he showed up.
Smokey the Bear.
Yup, we were the first to get a picture with him.
(sorry to the people we pushed out of the way to get to him.)


We also saw the Chick-fil-A cow, but we didn't get quite as excited about him.
(sorry Mr. (or is it a Ms?) Cow.)

Blessings totally abounded.


Oh, and did I mention that the race started 30 minutes late due to people getting there not-on-time?
For people who can't stand being late (*ahem* like me), that really got me in a frizzy.
Like I wasn't already. 


Marli, blessings abound...


I just love her.

Pre 5k.

Post 5k.


I totally love our mother/daughters' 5k's.








Stats for my info:
Chip Time: 37:06.0
Gun Time: 37:14.0
Age Division: 19-24
Place: 7th out of the 9 in my age group







6 says:

Brittany LeSueur said...

This is so sweet!! I wish I was more of a runner...my husband is training for a marathon, and I just think he is flat crazy!!! ha ha and the only time I ever get excited about the chic-fil-a cow is when he has samples...ha ha!

Dawson Cattle Company said...

so fun! im not a runner, but a walker. great photos of all of you

elise rogers said...

oh thats so awesome!! This is inspiring me to run my own 5k!! Nice job!

xoxo
http://elisemn.blogspot.com

marie said...

Looking good girl! I am totally of the thought that you should always cater to the people that are on time, not the late ones.

nate and amy crandell said...

Way to GO! You are such an inspiration to me :)

Susannah said...

Congrats on your 5K!! That's awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...