September 12, 2012

mirror, mirror on the wall.



For the past ten years, the girls have shared a bathroom with our parents, and my brother has had the upstairs bathroom. After my brother got married this past July, my sister and I have joyfully taken over the "western-themed" room. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon after moving our toiletries into the small space, we decided to make our mirror special.




We call it....the prayer mirror.

The sis and I have added many names that are on our hearts and minds. Some prayers have been answered, and with thankful hearts, the names have been removed. Others have been lifted up in prayer time and time again.

Some days, it is easy to get tired of praying for the same names over and over and over again. Sometimes, we may think, "Really God? I mean, when are you going to ever answer my prayer?"

"And all things, whatever you ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive." (Matthew 21:22) There you are. Right there, in that verse, it tells us that whatever you ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive. Are we believing what we are praying? Are we confident that God will carry through with His end of the deal and answer our pleas?

Acts 6:4 says: "But we will give ourselves continually to prayer...." Sometimes, it is easy just to brush my teeth or take time in the bathroom and not even glance at the "prayer mirror." Shame on me. Even if it may grow to be "boring" taking time to pray for the same people over and over again, this verse tells us to give ourselves continually to prayer. Every day. Multiple times a day.

One of my favorite verses on prayer is Proverbs 15:8b: "....but the prayer of the upright is his delight." If I am living right and doing His will in my life, God not only hears my prayers, they are His delight! What an amazing thought! God, in His wonderful magnificence, hears little me prayers....however insignificant they may be. When I think about all the "upright" people in my life, that is such a honoring and humbling thought...that He would take the time to listen to my pleas and be willing (if it is His will) to fulfill them. Yep, amazing.



"I love you more than..." notes that the sis and I have written to eachother.


So, next time we want to skim over our prayer lists, or maybe skip it for the day because it may not seem like God is answering them in any way, just know that (if you are living an "upright" life) He is answering them....even though it may not be in the way we would like.

May we all be the prayer warriors for God that He has called us to be. Bless you, lovely.


11 says:

Bunnie said...

Aw love the prayer mirror a really sweet idea :)
xo
Haylee
http://www.dolledupdaily.com/

Kristen said...

What a wonderful idea! Love it!

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

you two have got to be the nicest sisters around! That is such a sweet idea. I hope i can raise my girls to be like you guys :D

The Olive Tree Blog said...

such a cute idea! plus how fun is it to draw on mirror?!

Vicki said...

That's such a great idea! Its a good way of keeping the people you're praying for on your minds.
What you said about trusting in God to always answer our prayers reminded me of a quote from Martin Luther, something along the lines of "In times of trial, Christians do not always at once observe the helping hand of God." But it's always there, even when we don't observe it.(: All things work together for good, right?(:

~Vicki
deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a beautiful idea! I really love this.

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

Gentri said...

you two are the sweetest!! I love this!

LaLa said...

Such a good idea! Love it!

Unknown said...

Love this idea!

Unknown said...

Wow I love this! I like it better than a journal because you would see it all the time. Great idea!

Anonymous said...

And just when I thought you couldn't get any cooler...you did. I want to be like you when I grow up. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...