January 20, 2012

Who Am I?

credit

I am popular. I am valuable. I am worth your time.
I am important. I am ancient. I am relevant. I am valued by people of faith. I am valued by atheists.
I am mistreated. I am ignored. I am used. I am abused. I am broken frequently. I can be a source of pain. I can be a source of joy. I am disregarded. Some people say that I'm old-fashioned.

I am from God.
I am not supposed to be broken. I am a covenant between two people. I am a promise from one person to another. I can bring people closer together. I can bring people closer to God.

I am powerful.
I am no longer viewed as I once was. I have been changed by some people. To some people, I am something that I wasn't supposed to be. I am used by people who shouldn't use me.
I used to be on TV. I used to be in the movies. I used to be in the homes of many people. I used to be sacred. I used to be revered. I am now a business in Las Vegas. I am now a debate in California. I am the topic of many books. I have magazines about me.

I am still the same.
I am a creation of God. I am to "be held in honor among all..." I am for one man and one woman. I am not irrelevant in the eyes of God. I am not old-fashioned in the eyes of God.

Now that you've met me...how well do you know me?
God created marriage for the benefit of mankind. In Genesis 2:18, God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him." When presented with Eve, Adam said, "This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh." God replied in verse 24, "Therefore, a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh."

You could say that marriage was God's final act of creation in the Garden of Eden. Not only did He create the world, the plant's and animals, and Adam and Eve; He also created marriage.

We value our creation. We value the world we live in. Do we value marriage? Do we value the fact that it was created for us?

Our world doesn't value marriage. It values choices like homosexuality, cohabitation (living together), no-fault divorces, and multiple marriages. Our world has corrupted the sanctity of marriage; it treats marriage like it created it; it treats marriage like something that needs to be fixed.

God still believes in marriage between one man and one woman. God still believes in relationships built around His Word. Go d still believes in the importance of marriage.

Do you still believe in marriage?


(This article came from this website.)

10 says:

marie said...

I feel the same as you, marriage is vital to the family unit. I do think it's sad that many today do not feel it is sacred and make a mockery of it.

It can be tired but it is wonderful to have a loving, respectful marriage and the crazy kids that come along with it!

Courtney B said...

I still believe in marriage, most definitely!

Mrs. Darcy said...

Very inspiring post!

I definitely still believe in marriage. My husband is my world:)

aspiretoinspire

Dawson Cattle Company said...

lovely post. my marriage is one of my most cherished things in my life. i went through many trials before he was sent to me. and im so glad. he's my best friend.
so many people just use marriage as a fleeting stepping stone in life.

Lindsey said...

It makes my heart hurt when I see how marriage is being attacked, and how many marriages are falling apart. We always need more teaching on this great blessing.

Aw, thanks - you're too schweet! I still have a long ways to go in practicing as far crocheting goes - but hopefully I'll get there.
xoxo

Nana said...

God bless you my sweet granddaughter for posting this article on marriage. So many people violate God's plan for marriage, therefore, causing a crazy-mixed-up society.

Love you,

Nana

Naomi said...

That is one of God's commands/principles that people struggle with the most, I think. Some just treat it as nothing. :'( But yes...you better believe that I believe in it! :)

xoxo

Kristina Clemens said...

This was such a beautiful post. I can't imagine my life without the support of my husband. =)
Kristina J.

Tiff said...

Great post! Totally agree! Following from the hop!

Creations By Cindy said...

Wonderful post on marriage. Blessings, Cindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...