January 02, 2012

What?! The year 2011 is already gone?!?!

I remember like it was yesterday....

The exciting moment of writing 2011 for the very first time.

Now, I get another "exciting moment." Can you believe it?! Another year is here!

Man, time flies when you're having fun. ;)


Melissa, over here, posted this really neat "new year" thingy, and I thought I would do it too.
Yes, Melissa, I am a copy-cat...hehe.


What did you do in 2011 that you've never done before?
Wellll, my family and I just got back from an amazing time at Disney World. Not in all my daddy's, mom's, brother, mine, or sissy's born days have we ever been...so, it was some pretty exciting stuff.

Did you keep your new year's resolution? Will you make one for this year?
For the first question, I don't remember. ;D The second question...it's in the making....

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not that I know of. If they did, they never told me about it. ;P

Did anyone close to you die?
No

Did anyone close to you get hitched?
No, not yet. That is what 2012 will bring though....the bro is getting hitched up (I know mom, that was not correct grammar ;) with one of the BEST young ladies we could ever ask for!!

What countries did you visit?
Jamaica. For a 10 day mission trip.

What date(s) from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory?
-The weekend that it was just me and the sister....the movie from redbox (the 5th quarter), a sonic pumpkin pie shake for dinner, running through the car wash at the scary place at night time, and throwing together roast, potatoes, and carrots in the crock pot.
-My 20th birthday. Who doesn't like getting over 20 texts and 30 emails?
-The first time I rode Tower of Terror. I. Was. Scared.
-Spending late nights with the sis and friends at Polishing the Pulpit....singing devo songs and playing the fabulous game of Links.


What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
-Being that much closer to my B.S. degree.
-Speaking more to young ladies about their purity and waiting for the Prince Charming.

What was your biggest achievement this year?
Buying my first SUV, the Navigator, debt free. Praise the Lord!

Biggest failure?
Ummm, not riding Space Mountain again?...;)

Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Thank the Lord, not really. Not unless you count a bad case of bronchitis. Yeah, I had to wear a face mask to work. Not good.

What was the last thing you bought?
Big or little?
Big: A $20 Disney photo album
Little: A $4.99 movie out of the Blockbuster kiosk

Whose behavior merited celebration?
Ummm, everybody's?....For putting up with me?...hehe

Where did most of your money go?
Gas for my SUV
Redbox
Birthday and Christmas gifts for friends and family

What did you really get excited about?
Winning the Phase 10 card game and beating my daddy, mom, and sister. ;D

What song will remind you of 2011?
Pretty Pink Tractor

Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
*Psh* How can you not be happy with the family I live with?! ;)

What do you wish you had done more of?
Supporting poor children overseas.

What do you wish you had done less of?
*very hesitantly*....Spending time on blogger?.....

What was your favorite TV show?
Well, we don't watch much TV (since we only have one TV...and it's in the parents bedroom). I guess the show I love to watch anytime I could (I watch it every now-and-then on youtube) is 19 Kids and Counting. LOVE the show!

What were the best books you read?
Authentic Beauty
For Young Women Only
First Things First
When God Writes Your Love Story
20 and Counting
and yeah, the list goes on....

What was your best musical discovery?
Jonny Diaz

What did you want and got?
A trip to Disney and my first pair of TOMS shoes.

What did you do on your birthday? How old did you turn?
Cooked a Thanksgiving meal with my grandmother, mom, and sister. 20. I know, over the hill.

What one thing would have made this year more satisfying?
Hmmmm, driving the forklift more?....I have no idea.

How would you describe your personal fashion?
Home: Workout clothes or jeans and a T-shirt
Going to town: A comfy pair of pants or skirt with a cute top and accessories
Church: A skirt and another cute top (just a little nicer than "town clothes") ;)

What kept you sane?
My sister
Starbucks Java Chip Frappes
My jogs to clear my head

Who was the best new person you met?
Haley. A coworker of mine. She's a year older. We have the same major. We take some of the same classes. We share with each other our school woes...yup, she's a "best new person."

What was a valuable lesson you learned?
Never be a Psychology major. ;) I kid! I kid!
My lesson: Always bring your troubles to God...He always hears them whether we think He does or not. If you want to rush into something, God's answer may be a "no." Be content in the "waiting room" He has you in....if it is His timing and His Will, He will give you that answer you have been waiting for..."YES!"


I hope you have an amazing New Year!

13 says:

Dawson Cattle Company said...

this is so cool! what a neat idea. love it.. happy 2012

memory said...

i helped keep you sane?! that is SO SWEET.

i lauged that you spend most of your money at rebox, i wonder why? hehe(;

you wore a face MASK to WORK?!

that is so sweet that that weekend with just you and me was at the top of the list! i loved that weekend too. mainly because you bought me ice cream. jk!

love you.

kait said...

aw, this is so neat-o. I wish I had seen it before i did my litte recap, I would have borrowed it as well, lol :) I am so glad you are back and blogging, and that you are encouraging girls to wait for their prince charming! This is something that is certainly near and dear to my heart! xoxo

Kendra said...

haha I love the "Wish I had spent less time on blogger." That's definitely my downfall! Thanks for your sweet comment! Glad to have found your blog.

Kristen said...

love it! totally doing it! happy new year!

Jessica said...

what a fun way to look back at the year. i've never been to disneyworld, but disneyland is one of my favorite places. i'm glad you went!

Lindsey said...

Love these questions! :) I think something I need to do *more* of this year is spend time on blogger, hehehe. Happy 2012! <3

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this!!! You have such an interesting life!! I bet that was super exciting all going to Disney together for the first! We used to live in Orlando, and my husband's job bought us annual passes, so we were there quite often! I loved that place! I don't know HOW you can leave not liking Space Mountain though. ;o)

So what do you plan to do with your Psychology major?? I'm considering going back and getting my Masters to be a school counselor, but that's still just in the idea phase. :o)

Nana said...

I did not know all of this about you, and I live near you. I didn't know you ran through a car wash. Oh well, girls love being silly sometimes. I surely did my share. Love your accomplishments. Would love to have seen you with the mask on at work.

Love you,

Nana

marie said...

Love your positive upbeat spirit. Great list and beautiful thoughts. I had season passes to Disney land a few years ago and went with my daughters 16 times in one year. I had to get my money's worth!

Marli said...

haha! no, nana. we didn't physically run through a car wash...we were in the navigator. that was just one of those "euphemism moments." ;D love you too much!

Nana said...

Thanks for clarifying about the car wash; sorta like, "I ran to the store?" Gotcha!

Nana

Marli said...

fyi, peoples....im NOT getting a psychology major. i just took a psych class that I HATED!!! im a business major...;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...