July 23, 2011

"Look Miss."

"Look Miss."

Those are the words I heard. His eyes were pleading for appreciation and praise of his artwork he had just completed. There in the classroom, on the island of Jamaica, I tried to give that little boy the biggest smile as I said to him, "Oh! How beautiful! You did a fabulous job!" He then walked away, his color project in hand, with a smile on his little boy face. As the coloring session continued, and as I used every color in the rainbow to help those kindergartners complete their pictures of clusters of grapes, every word of praise that we said made them a little more thrilled of what they had accomplished.

Are our words words that will build up and encourage? Or are they words that will tear down and destroy? For me, it can be easy just to say what pops into my head. I don't know about you, but I am going to try my hardest to watch what I say and try to encourage others in what they do... Who knows, it might be the only compliment and word of encouragement that person hears today...

2 says:

Anonymous said...

"Miss"... reminds me of the sweet boy Zaheer.

Lovely thoughts. You put into practice encouraging others often.

Love.

"the sister" <3

Wiola said...

Definitely food for thought! I love this. You seem to be a very sweet person. I agree with you. I think that we should all focus on positive factors, and not pay much attention to the negative factors.

I have no idea how I found your blog, but I love what I've read so far.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...