July 14, 2011

Are You Happy?

While we were in Jamaica, a guy in our group asked me, kind of randomly, "Do you laugh all the time?" In which I answered, chuckling a bit, "Is there something wrong with laughing?" Needless to say, I was quite amused with the question. "Yes, I guess I do laugh quite a bit."

You know, that question really got me to thinking...do we display a countenance of joyfulness or do we appear to be grumpy and unhappy to others around us? Whether that young man meant the comment to be a compliment or not, I considered it to be one of the greatest complements anyone could ever pay me. Sometimes, it can be hard, especially for me, to be cheerful all the time. But, when we share that beautiful smile with others, and maybe a few words about Jesus, we might just make that person's day...not to mention, maybe make the world a happier place.

2 says:

Mazzou said...

So true! Christians should be known for their joy and contentment!

Anonymous said...

Great post!! We, as Christians SHOULD laugh a LOT!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...