June 02, 2011

The crock pot...oh, how I love it

The past few days, I have had the privilege of taking care of the guys while mom and sister are at church camp. It has been so much fun! I have always performed my certain "chores" and "duties" around the house, but having the whole house (laundry and all ;), and acting as "woman of the home" for the week has been...amazing.

On Tuesday, the brother and I had to work so, *drum roll please*, instead of having to come home and make dinner from the start, I threw some things in the crock pot that morning. It was so nice to walk in the door that evening and smell dinner ready! ;) Adding some vegetables to the chicken and rice that was thoroughly cooked in the crock pot, dinner was complete. For a treat, I made the three of us smoothies.

Smoothies...we try to make them before dinner every night. Sometimes it doesn't happen every single night, but we try our hardest to make it a healthy habit. Tuesday night, I used bananas, fresh strawberries, vanilla yogurt, and fresh watermelon. It was pretty yummy, if I do say so myself. ;P

What is your favorite thing to cook in the crock pot? Or is there a quick meal or tip that you would like to share?

1 says:

Unknown said...

Ack! Good luck :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...